Skip to main content

“Mamma Mia!”

I trust that you have all had peaceful holidays, as I assume that those who hadn’t, surely weren’t in the mood to read my blog. My spirit has been pretty bad of late – watching the news too often and reading about AI too much, I guess – which occasionally leads to such depressed and uninspiring sentences. I am sorry about that.

This is still the last day out and about in 2018. After an uneventful afternoon, culture was in order again this evening, when Franziska headed to “Alte Oper.” A brief recap: “Alte Oper” and “Frankfurter Oper” are two different venue with different uses. Please check my posting from 12.12.2022.


After the recent visit to “Frankfurter Oper” to see “Ariadne on Naxos,” a heavy and depressing opera by Richard Strauss, this time was fun time, seeing and hearing Benny and Björn’s “Mamma Mia!” at “Alte Oper.” The element connecting these two entirely different musical performances is: Greece.


If you have not yet seen this musical or the 2008 movie with Meryl Streep, both written Catherine Johnson, it is not about ABBA. It is about Donna (the mother) and Sophie (the daughter), who live on a Greek island and operate a little tavern. Sophie, who is about to get married, invites three of Donna’s former lovers and her potential fathers. 


Portraits of the evening



Again, and possibly the last time that you will see this pose, a final check in the large mirror of the entrance hall.


You remember the cute fluffy dress with the bolero that Franziska bought two months earlier. This was the occasion that I had in mind for it and the 8 cm dark blue suede heels were a perfect match for it.



A nightcap at this formerly great wine bar in Frankfurt-Sachsenhausen. Unfortunately, commerce has taken the better of this place since ownership changed, and it has lost much of its great atmosphere by now.

Comments

  1. Your outfit is very cute. Nice to hear you had fun.

    I'm paying less attention to the news these days as there's nothing good. I prefer reading about trips like yours!

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Sue, Thanks for your visit to my blog and your nice comment and all the best for 2024 for you. I hope to provide you with some more nice picture stories to enjoy this year. Love, Franzi

      Delete

Post a Comment