Skip to main content

Retrospection – Pink ice cream and pink lingerie

This was one of those short 4-h weeknight outings and this posting will also be a short one, as time is sparse right now. We will be travelling to Italy for the upcoming Easter holidays, and I just want to make sure one more posting goes out before. 

It was late spring, June 2018, and what do you do as a girl out in late spring? You wear some pink lingerie, pink sandals, a colorful dress, and you get yourself some pink ice cream! There are no more photos from this evening, so I guess not much happened after this highlight, other than dinner somewhere and - possibly - a glass of wine towards the end of the evening.


Portrait of the evening


Franziska enjoying an ice cream


 

“The way Franzi does it!” (#6)

 

To fatten up this posting, let me tell you a little bit about my wigs.


In my crossdressing life, I have gone through a number of wigs: short, long, blond, dark, etc. Some of them, I bought at costume shops in the US and in Germany, some of them, I bought on Guangdong road in Shanghai (which is lined with cheap shops for hair and beauty products) during a business trip, and some of them, I ordered online. Except for one simple short, dark, synthetic wig, which I don’t wear anymore, but take along on my weekend trips as an emergency fallback), I currently have the three Brand human hair wigs you can see in the picture below. Come to think of it, you might have already seen the emergency wig (last worn in 2016, I think), in my posting on CDH called “What three years of experience - and a new wig - can do for you.”


I typically wear my wigs three to five times, i.e. days out, before I drop them off at Franzi’s trusted hairdresser and salon owner, to have them washed, groomed, and styled. When I go to pick up my wig a couple of weeks later – in drab and typically on my bike, as Frankfurt is just a village! – I commonly find it on prominent display in the public space of the hair salon and I always wonder, which stories the salon owner may have told other customers about it.


Incidentally, all three of them are currently freshly washed, groomed, and styled at home, which made me decide to feature them here and today.


The wig on the left is 8 years old. I recently had it completely overhauled at a specialized shop and it now looks great again. It is the same one you find in my most recent postings. The one in the middle is my newest purchase and you will be seeing it come up in postings from the turn of the year soon “as purchased,” before its initial styling. It was already featured in my posting on CDH called “Roy Lichtenstein meets Franziska.”





Comments

  1. Have a nice holiday in Italy. Which part are you going to?

    Pink is the best colour!

    Thanks for sharing the wig information. I have always tried washing and styling my wigs at home but it's never a great success. Maybe I should use a salon, too.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sue, My dearest and most responsive follower. Thanks for your comment. We will spend the days in Rome and plan to eat and drink, for the most part. The trip will start out with a "food tour" through Trastevere and we'll take it from there. Love, Franzi

      Delete
    2. A food tour in Trastevere? Wow, I hope you can get back into those little dresses once you've finished! lol

      Enjoy. Rome is an amazing city. So much to see and do.

      As for responding to blogs, I always follow and comment on trans blogs that are interesting, honest and entertaining, and yours is all that. Keep up the good work.

      Sue x

      Delete
    3. Dear Sue, Thanks for your wonderful compliment. I will try my very best to keep up the good work :-). Love, Franzi

      Delete

Post a Comment