Skip to main content

Advertising Champagne!

I think that dress is very pretty, but I didn’t end up buying it. One simply can’t buy all the things that you might like and fit into. I agree, if you are challenged to fit into anything remotely pretty and feminine that may be a different story. But then the solution starts elsewhere.

And then there was this inconspicuous little Prosecco bar again, the one in the corner of the women’s apparel floor of the department store. And I really liked how it was suffused with light this early afternoon. Simply perfect for a summer picture. The low, historic-looking Baroque building on the right, “Hauptwache” (main guard house)” is eponym for the central subway station in Frankfurt. If you ever come to Frankfurt and you take the subway from the airport into the city, get off here.

“I only drink Champagne on two occasions, when I am in love and when I am not.” (Coco Chanel)

This wine bar has recently made it onto Franziska’s list of top locations, as I reported in an earlier posting. It is located at what is called Frankfurt’s “New Old Town,” a small section between “Römer” (historic town square) and “Dom” (cathedral). If you come to Frankfurt and you get off at “Hauptwache,” you can reach this charming section of town within a 10-minute walk. And who knows who you might run into.


If this picture looks familiar to you, it was Franzi’s entry in the Glamour Girl Picture Contest 2023. It was Franzi’s first ever participation and I am happy to have made it into the top 10 by People’s Choice (I actually came in as #3) in the Cougar category.

Comments

  1. Cheers! You should start a wine blog!

    I like that long dress, it suits you. But, yes, you're right, you can't buy everything.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sue, Thanks for your comment. I have been trying to convince my wife to start a food and wine blog. So far with no success. Love, Franzi

      Delete
    2. That red dress looks lovely on you Franzi. It must have been hard to put it back on the rack.

      Delete
    3. Dear Fiona, Thanks for your visit and comment. Yes, it was hard. And limited space to put my clothes was just another argument against it. Love, Franzi

      Delete

Post a Comment