Skip to main content

“Lieblingskleid” (from the category “German for crossdressers”)

I have had this dress for a number of years and it remains to be one of my most favorite ones, if not the most favorite (“Lieblingskleid”) and regular readers of this blog have seen it before. It is fairly short and as it is very light and silky, the lightest wind makes it move about or up, making me somewhat self-conscious wearing it. But I simply love it, especially when worn with very thin 5 or 7 denier nylons. The blazer goes very well with it (I think), also as it provides for a certain level of modesty – and I tend to wear flats with this dress. 

Portrait of the day


As the weather was fantastic, I walked from home to downtown Frankfurt, crossing the “Old Bridge.” Wikipedia knew to tell me that it was first mentioned in writing in 1222 and that it had been destroyed and rebuilt at least 18 times since. Its current form was opened in 1926 by mayor Ludwig Landmann and it is built from local red sandstone.


In the background on the left, you see Frankfurt’s skyline, which is the only noteworthy skyline in Germany, which is laughable, compared to other metropolises in the world – especially some of the Asian’s – that I have visited. With around 700.000 inhabitants, some people call Frankfurt “the smallest metropolis in the world,” while others us the dysphemism Mainhattan (derived from the name of the river “Main” and one of these other global financial hubs), a frankenword (that is a new one for me, the German version is called “Kofferwort”). On the right, you can see the cathedral “Kaiserdom St. Bartholomäus,“ one of the two churches that Franziska visited this day, as I will explain in the next posting.


“Alte Brücke” spans over a small island called “Portikus-Insel” and on this island you find a small exhibition hall called “Portikus,” which is where the following picture was taken. As I had written before, I love the arts and think that works of art often provide for a great backdrop for pictures 😀.


This backdrop may also be familiar to regular readers of this blog, the large metal rear entrance of “Kaiserdom St. Bartholomäus,“ which was also built with local red sandstone. This cathedral is the eastern access point to Frankfurt’s “New Old Town,” over which I had written several times before and where you can find what (?) … 


… of course, one of Franzi’s favorite watering holes.


Also located in Frankfurt’s “New Old Town,” you can find the “Frankfurter Kunstverein” (Society for the Arts Frankfurt) with its exhibition hall. Invigorated by a glass of pink prosecco, Franziska embarked on this second arts adventure of the day as well, finding a very inspiring installation called (if I remember correctly) “Information Super Highway.”


Comments

  1. Yes, that's a lovely dress. Nice also to read more about Frankfurt and a good incentive for me to visit. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sue, Thanks for stopping by here and for your comment. Love, Franzi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment