Skip to main content

“Uih uih uih Señorita!”

This is the evening of an already fun-filled and culinarily valuable day, as you will surely agree if you have read the previous posting. This featherlight black silk dress, worn with strappy black high-heeled sandals, is so much fun to wear.

It was only recently that I learned about a small basement theater on the northern bank of the river Main, close to the city center, for which I booked a ticket for that evening. As there was a little time to kill, I walked around the city center and had a glass of wine. While I strutted past a Spanish restaurant, I heard the waitress say out loud “Uih uih uih Señorita!,” after which I heard some whistles from the guys that were sitting outside the restaurant. I ignored them all, but it put a smile on my face. “Señorita,” I thought, correctly tagged.


Some more photos along my regular path: The large metal rear entrance of “Kaiserdom St. Bartholomäus,“ that you have seen before and a statue of Friedrich Stolze. He was born in Frankfurt in 1816 and later became a poet, journalist, publisher, and political activist that fought for German unification, democracy, and equal rights. Close to this statue in the center of Frankfurt’s new old town, you can find a small museum over himself and Frankfurt at the time period he lived.


In my last posting, I wrote about Apple Wine. Let’s talk about real wine, wine made from wine grapes that is, this time, because the area around Frankfurt is highly attractive for wine lovers. To the west of Frankfurt, you can quickly reach three of the 13 major wine regions of Germany: Rheingau, Rheinhessen, and Nahe (with Rhein and Nahe being rivers). To the east of Frankfurt, you find Franken, another wine region that stretches all the way to and beyond the city of Würzburg.


My wife and I love these wine regions, we regularly spend single days or whole weekends there, just the two of us or with friends, and a major share of our private wine cellar is stocked from these regions. We have our favorite vineyards, where we are known a regular customers and guest during their festivities.


Traditionally, Germany’s share of white wine was significantly larger than that of red wine. This is shifting, though, owing to climate change. In 20 years, Germany will be predominantly red and the best European white wines will grow in England and in Scandinavia, my humble opinion.


After the theater piece – which wasn’t worth mentioning – I stopped by at that wine bar, where the owner knows that Franzi is not a woman, and also knows that Franzi’s male alter ego is a regular guest as well, but hasn’t been able to see through the masquerade and make the connection. One day he will, though, I am sure, and he will be speechless.


Comments

  1. Thanks for taking me along on another lovely mini-tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear anonymous visitor, I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the tour. I simply love to enrich my reports about my crossdressing experiences with food, drinks, sightseeing, and some historic facts. Come back and learn some more about Frankfurt. Love, Franzi

      Delete
  2. I'm catching up with the blogosphere...

    I think that, living in Italy, I am quite spoilt with the wines here so I don't know German wines very well at all. But I think you're right that they will soon be growing red wines in Northern Europe as standard soon!

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment