Skip to main content

Weekend trip crossdressed: En route to Cologne – Part I

Weekend trips en femme are great fun. I have written before about the many reasons that lead me to this conclusion. This time, Franzi travelled to the great city of Cologne in mid-June 2023. This trip was short, both in duration and in distance. A short-notice change in plans at home forced Franzi to cut the trip short by one day and to travel back home in drab early Sunday morning. But Cologne is only a mere 70-minute ICE high-speed train ride from Frankfurt central station.

As for preparations, my wife had booked a room at a small hotel in the heart of the city for me, I purchased first-class train tickets well in advance (at a discount price), and I bought a ticket for “Moulin Rouge – the musical” at the Musical Dome. On that musical ticket, I splurged, with a great seat and with access to the VIP lounge before the show and at intermission.


As there are many great pictures from this weekend trip that I would like to share with you here on Franzi’s blog and as I don’t want each posting to be too long, I split them up in 7 that shall be published weekly starting today. In this first posting – funnily enough – we won’t even make it to Frankfurt central station 😊.


Portrait of the day. My hair is a little bit in disorder, as I somehow did not manage to have my hairdresser give it a fresh style before the trip.


The trip started at a bus stop just 80 m from our home. The advertisement at the bus stop from DB (Deutsche Bahn) said: “Leave your everyday life behind – go to see a musical. Take the ICE train to Cologne to see Moulin Rouge.” Isn’t that a great coincidence? I laughed out loud – and took a picture. In the lower half of the picture, you can see a reflection of Franzi and her suitcase.


I regularly take this bus, be it to visit the section of town “Sachsenhausen” that it is heading to or because the weather is poor, as it connects to the subway system, and that counts for both my male and my female alter egos.


This picture was taken by the bus driver. Our bus stop is the terminal stop of the line and the bus driver was hanging out outside his bus very close by, waiting for the ride to start. So, I went over there to ask if he’d be willing to help me get a picture taken at the bus stop.


With about 60.000 inhabitants, Sachsenhausen (north and south combined) is the largest section of Frankfurt and its major hub is the “Südbahnhof” (South Station). Outside the station, there is a farmer’s market twice a week, which is not only a charming place to do your grocery shopping, but also to get together with others for a glass of wine. As Franziska’s schedule provided for some spare time, before taking the subway from south station to central station, what better to do than to visit one of the two local wine stands.


From there, Franzi strolled a little bit over the market in this wonderful short brown buck leather skirt, with four snap fasteners in the front, a feather-light blue short-sleeve shirt, and white/brown 4 cm wedge sandals.


Comments

  1. Looking good. I particularly like the skirt. You obviously had a nice sunny day for the start of your trip. I'm looking forward reading about the rest of your adventure. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sue, Thanks for your visit and comment. You are such a reliable visitor and responder to my blog, for which I am very thankful. I wish we could meet for a glass of wine at the market to exchange thoughts and experiences. Love, Franzi

      Delete
    2. I should like that. I often visit friends in Berlin so maybe next time I will travel by train and go via Frankfurt. I'll let you know when I am planning my next trip. Sue x

      Delete

Post a Comment