Skip to main content

Retrospection – An evening out in a silk dress with a matching scarf

We are looking at the year 2018 and there at the month of June. This was the last evening out at my temporary location, as described earlier.


This being a weeknight, I left work early to be at home by 5:30 p.m. and to be out the door en femme by 7:00 p.m. One hour and 15 minutes is the fastest I can do this transformation and that only if everything is prepared that can be prepared the night before: wig styled, outfit and shoes selected and prepared, handbag packed, makeup at hand, etc. Another requirement is to avoid (potentially) time-consuming transformation steps, such as polishing my fingernails or application of fake eyelashes, etc.

 

If you compare the pictures with the more recent evenings out and about, you will notice that some things have not changed over time: shopping, dinner, wine bar. I loved that wine bar in the last picture - a great atmosphere and a great Shiraz - and you will see this place come up a couple of more times, as we go back in time. Unfortunately, it closed not much later. Why do I know this? Because I have gone back to this city quite regularly in the years after my assignment there.

 

Portraits of the evening


Shopping


Dinner


Wine bar




Comments

  1. Lovely portrait photos, Franzi. You look very feminine. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sue, Thanks for your lovely compliment. Busy times here, I barely have time to prepare a posting, even less so to browse through the community, and am not even thinking about a day out and about en femme. Best wishes, Franzi

      Delete

Post a Comment